Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The Important Things In Life

I was getting my son and daughter ready for school this morning, and out of the blue my daughter says, "Birthdays, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas are the four most important thing in your life." Now you could dismiss this as the selfishness of a child, because all of these holidays, with the exception of Thanksgiving involve her getting presents or candy. However, she did list Thanksgiving, where she doesn't get anything except for food. Also, she asked me if we could wake up Christmas morning and give each other hugs and kisses before we open presents. I have a feeling that the reason these four things are so important to my daughter has very little to do with the presents and candy, and a lot to do with the time spent with her family.

I learn so much from my children if I just take the time to watch them and listen to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment