Monday, December 21, 2009

In need of a healing?

I was reading in Matthew 14 today, and thought about something I never had before when I got to vs 34-36. Whenever Jesus would enter a new village people would crowd him, bringing their sick to be healed. It doesn't say that they believed in him, just "they brought their sick to be healed." Some were willing to just touch the hem of his robe.

It made me look at my life to see if I come to Jesus only when I need to be "healed," or am I following him out of love and devotion. I think many times I come to Jesus when I want something from him, and sadly my prayer life reflects this. My prayer is that in addition to receiving things from Jesus that I will give my life in return. Not quite sure how else the Holy Spirit will use this in my life, but it has already caused me to begin to evaluate my walk with Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment